Rules: Hartford Magazine Mohegan Sun Giveaway Sweepstakes
HARTFORD MAGAZINE MOHEGAN SUN GIVEAWAY RULES
Hartford Magazine Web Sweepstakes
Enter Contest Link
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Hartford Magazine Mohegan Sun Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01 AM (ET) Thursday, April 19, 2012 and ends 11:59 PM (ET), May 31, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is The Hartford Courant Company (“Sponsor”), which publishes Hartford Magazine. The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 21 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, Tribune Company, Mohegan Sun, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, Tribune Television Company, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Employees of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto www.hartfordmag.com/Mohegan and accurately complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, zip code, age, phone number, and email. Limit one entry per person and per email address, per day. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misaddressed or misdirected due to technical or computer failures, phone signal, phone loss, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer network transmissions, inability to access the website, or any other technical error or malfunction. All received entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entries must be received by May 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM (ET).
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Eleven winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, June 4, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will attempt to notify winners by telephone and/or email within three days of the drawing. If a winner is ineligible, if Sponsor is unable to make contact with a winner after reasonable effort and time (one day of initial call to winner), or if a winner declines the prize, the prize shall be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES:
3 Grand Prizes (first 3 people chosen): Each Grand Prize winner will receive a one-night stay (Sunday-Thursday night only) at Mohegan Sun and one $200 gift card to Mohegan Sun. Travel to and from the resort, telephone, service bar, room service, in-room movies and other room incidental charges not included in the basic hotel room, or any other charges or fees not set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Advance reservations are required. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, holidays (including Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Week, Martin Luther King Weekend & President’s Week), and certain other restrictions. For additional information on voucher redemption and travel restrictions go to http://mohegansun.com/staying/index.html or call 1.888.777.7922. This voucher must be redeemed no later than April 1, 2013. Winner must be 21 years of age or older and must have a valid credit card in order to check-in to the hotel. Winner’s guest must be 18 or older. Winner is responsible for all incidental costs charged to room. Mohegan Sun gift cards can be used for shopping and dining at any on-site store or restaurant. Gift cards cannot be used for gaming. Other gift card restrictions may apply. For information on restaurants and The Shops at Mohegan Sun visit http://mohegansun.com. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $550.
8 Runner-up Prizes: Each winner will receive one $250 gift card to Mohegan Sun. Mohegan Sun gift cards can be used for shopping and dining at any on-site store or restaurant. Gift cards cannot be used for gaming. Other gift card restrictions may apply. For information on restaurants and The Shops at Mohegan Sun visit http://mohegansun.com. ARV of each prize is $250.
Total ARV of all prizes: $3,200. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, June 29, 2012. If the winner fails to show proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number, and age (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card) and fill out and sign the necessary forms (The Hartford Magazine Sweepstakes release form and eligibility form) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, prize providers, their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or who attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these Sweepstakes or future similar Sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes, in which case Sponsor will award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Sweepstakes termination. If Sponsor terminates or suspends the Sweepstakes, it will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website.
7. WINNERS’ LIST: For a winners list; write to “Hartford Magazine Mohegan Winners”; Hartford Courant, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for winners’ lists must be received by June 29, 2012.
8. SPONSOR: The Hartford Courant Company, publisher of Hartford Magazine, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.